Welcome to the Centre for Remote Sensing @ BDU
After witnessing the astonishing newer packages of information during 1989 – 1994 in the field of geological remote sensing from the Remote Sensing Team of the then School of Earth Sciences, the Centre for Remote Sensing was founded by Bharathidasan University in 1994. Since then, the Centre has been engaging in many out reach programmes of Academia in Earth Sciences through Remote Sensing and Geoinformatics and brought out packages of information for different parts of the Indian peninsular on
- Mineral, hydrocarbon and aquifer habitats
- Neo / Active Tectonics, models on modern geological processes and their control over riverine, Coastal and hydrological ecosystems and natural disasters
- Applied Geomorphology
- Water resources mapping & management
- Natural disaster mapping & management
- Information systems / Spatial Decision Support Systems etc.,
- Various research programmes and the scientilating research inventions made through over 46 research projects sponsored by various National and International funding agencies to the tune of few crores as form the think tanks for the
- The Centre has also proposed launch a first time ONLINE COURSE namely PD_GIN (Post Graduate Diploma on Geoinformatics)
- The Centre has made again giant leap in the arena of extension academia by conducting over 70 Training Programmes / Conferences / Brain Storms etc & trained over 400 University & College teachers the way back during 94 – 98 and thus hade the pride of introducing Remote Sensing and GIS technologies in the academic system all over the country.
- Besides publishing over 500 scientific papers and over 8 books / edited volumes, the faculty are membering several higher academic / research bodies around the world and have also received many awards and citations.
These high-end academic programmes are extremely popular drawing students from all over the country.
Centre for Remote Sensing
Tiruchirappalli - 620 023
|+91-0431 - email@example.com|