International Students Cell (ISC)
Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli - 620 024
Tamil Nadu, India

Instructions to Current / Prospective International Students

Foreigners Registration in India

  •  All foreigners (including foreigners of Indian origin) visiting India on long term (more than 180 days) Student Visa, Medical Visa, Research Visa and Employment Visa are required to get themselves registered with the Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO)/ Foreigners Registration Officer (FRO) concerned having jurisdiction over the place where the foreigner intends to stay, within 14 days of arrival. However, Pakistan nationals are required to register within 24 hours of their arrival. All Afghan nationals are required to register with the FRRO/FRO concerned within 14 days of arrival except those Afghan nationals who enter India on a visa valid for 30 days or less provided the Afghan national concerned gives his/her local address in India to the Indian Mission/FRRO/FRO. The Afghan nationals who are issued visas with 'Exemption from police reporting' are exempt from Police reporting as well as Exit permission provided they leave within the Visa validity period.
  •  Foreigners other than those mentioned above will not be required to get themselves registered, even if they have entered India on a long term visa provided their continuous stay in India does not exceed 180 days. If the intention of the foreigner is to stay in India for more than 180 days, he/she should get himself/ herself registered well before the expiry of 180 days from the date of arrival with the FRRO/FRO concerned.
  •  Foreigners (including minors above 16 years of age) have to report in person or through an authorized representative to the appropriate Registration Officer for registration. No registration is required in respect of children below the age of 16 years.
  •  Registration is also required in the case of visa less than 180 days and if there is special endorsement "for registration enquired". However foreigners entering on Entry(X) and Business visas valid for more than 180 days are required to register with the FRRO, FRO if they continuously intend to stay for more than 6 months i.e. more than 180 days on each visit. (But exempting visa bearing endorsement as "Stay not to exceed 180days hence no registration required."

Form C

Any Hotel/ Guest House/ Dharmashala/Individual House/ University/ Hospital/ Institute/ Others etc. who provide accommodation to foreigners must submit the details of the residing foreigner in Form C to the Registration authorities within 24 hours of the arrival of the foreigner at their premises. This will help the registration authorities in locating and tracking the foreigners. This document provides the functionality of registration process of Hotel/ Guest House/ Dharmashala/Individual House / University/ Hospital/ Institute/ Others etc. owners for Form-C.

Form S

FSIS (Foreign Students Information System) is used to capture information about foreign nationals admitted in Indian educational institutions. It is mandatory for all educational institutions in India admitting foreign students for various courses to register themselves first. After their user-id approved by the competent authority i.e. FRRO/FRO concerned, the said institution will be able to fill the details of foreign students in FSIS.

Documents that are be produced along with the Form C / Form S application form

  •  Bonafide Certificate from the Department with period of Study Ph.D Registration Certificate (in case the candidate pursue Ph.D)
  •  Address proof from the house owner along with the Registration certificate from the police officer (certified) (if non hosteller)
  •  Original passport should be produced with Xerox copy for verification.
  •  Original Registration Certificate/Residential permit with Photo copy for verification
  •  Photo copy of the Identity card along with the original