About the Centre
The globally acclaimed education at Bharathidasan University (BDU), Tiruchirappalli prepares the international students for exciting careers all over the world. The education develops a critical thinking led to approach and imparts knowledge in science, management and humanities fields to solve problems that challenge humanity. Researchers at BDU- Trichy to do world class research and established several research fields in the campus. There is great synergy between the fundamental research and applied research done at BDU, Trichy. Its alumni and faculty have won many international awards.
The International Relations Centre (IRC) has been established at BDU in 31st Dec 2019 and Prof. S. Arumugam nominated as a Coordinator for this centre. IRC extends its arms for building warm relationship with like-minded Overseas Institutions of Higher Learning. IRC also commits to evaluate Capability, Character and Candidness of Institutions before forging alliances. In addition, we pursue, encourage and facilitate strong, cordial and long term collaborative and exchange programmes. These involve participation in technology development, research and education. They mutually benefit the faculties and students of both, ours and our partner Universities in all over the world.
- To contribute to India and the World through excellence in scientific and technical education and research.
- To serve as a valuable resource for industry and society; and remain a source of pride for all Indians.
- To elevate the Institute’s global engagement to world-class standards, leveraging our highly-regarded alumni as “catalysts” in the process.
- Our mission is to develop strong and sustainable international partnerships with research laboratories, academic institutions, industry, and entrepreneurs in order to meet the aspirations of our faculty & student communities.
- To identify, based on an informed perception of Indian, regional and global needs, areas of specialization upon which the institute can concentrate.
- To undertake collaborative projects which offer opportunities for long-term interaction with academia and industry.
- To develop human potential to its fullest extent so that intellectually capable and imaginatively gifted leaders can emerge in a range of professions.
- Faculty exchanges where research interests converge.
- Research scholar exchanges where faculty collaborations are active.
- Joint degree programs where faculty & student collaborations are strong & sustainable.
- Study Abroad” programs to enhance mobility of undergraduate students
- MOUs with like-minded Institutes of high caliber to streamline interaction
- Academic integrity and accountability.
- Respect and tolerance for the views of every individual.
- Attention to issues of national relevance as well as of global concern.
- Breadth of understanding, including knowledge of the human sciences.
- Appreciation of intellectual excellence and creativity.
- An unfettered spirit of exploration, rationality and enterprise.