University Science Instrumentation Centre (USIC)
University Science Instrumentation Centre (USIC) was created in 2019 with the objective to uplift the quality of research in advanced as well as applied field of sciences. USIC building was funded by RUSA and the equipment were purchased under DST PURSE Phase I & II. USIC is taking initiative to maximize the use of expensive/sophisticated equipments in the University through trainning and maintaining the equipment at the state of the art level. Further, this advanced facility is also being extended to the research fraternity from various institutions at a very affordable cost.
University Science Instrumentation center (USIC) is a central facility and houses sophisticated analytical instrument as well as basic instrument. Its main objective is to provide services to all researchers and students of science departments in the University and the constituent colleges of the Bharathidasan University. Facilities for carrying out spectral, thermal, chemical, molecular and microstructural analysis on a variety of materials are extended to all researchers.
- The create a centralised sophisticated instrumentation facility with recent instrument to uplift the researchers with innovative ideas.
- To become a renowned facility by providing quality research in the area of science and technology.
- The USIC is committed to enable the students and young researchers to experience an uncompromised educational research.
- To serve as valuable resource for the research community and society at national level.
- Committing the researchers to reform the concepts of theoretical and practical knowledge to reality.
- This Science Instrumentation facility shall strive to act as a podium for the development of competence in academics, entrepreneurship and research in the field of science to meet the changing needs of society.
- To strengthen technological infrastructure to carry out cutting edge research in various science disciplines under one roof.
- Acquiring sophisticated instrument and upgradation of existing instrument with proper maintenance at state-of-the-art level.
- More than a sophisticated facility it also houses basic instruments to promote the basic to international standard research to even a small or non-funded laboratories/college.
- To make our services available to all type of academics like school, colleges, Universities and research institutes/industries at reasonable charges.
- By providing latest technology and science to its fullest extent, researchers become intellectually capable professionals to undertake serious research.
- To organize short-term courses/workshops/demonstrations on applications and uses of various analytical instruments for students, teachers & technical personnel from our University, affiliated institutions, universities and industries in the region.
- This dynamic facility helps to publish research papers in good indexed journals.