School of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering
Department of Biomedical Science
DST-FIST Sponsored Department
The Department of Biomedical Science was started in 2005, realizing the importance of the need to expose young minds towards the different disciplines of Biomedical Sciences and allied fields at an early age and opening up career options other than engineering and medicine. Thus the primary emphasis of the Biomedical Science program is the training of students / research scholars for careers in research, teaching and/or public health in academia, government or the private sector including Biopharma industries and R&D. The department provides the opportunity to obtain both a M.Sc. and Ph.D degree in Biomedical Science. It is the first of its kind in the country in offering a 5-year integrated program leading to a M.Sc. degree in Biomedical Science. This program aims at generating skilled manpower in different areas of biomedical science which would not only feed the Biotech industries but also would provide trained and a motivated young task force required by other institutions.
To develop high quality human resource required for both academics and industries as well as to pursue research in the frontier areas of biomedical sciences of international standard
- Offer international quality education and research in Biomedical Science and Management
- Produce broadly educated, highly skilled students who can choose their own areas of interest in their future.
- Equip young students with in-depth education, highly skilled and strategies to change the future of modern medicine
- Carry out world class research and transmit the outcome of our research to students, scholars, and the society through Enriched academic programs
- Excellent publications in journals, reviews and book that reach the society
- Organizing number of training programs, workshops, seminars and conferences