Department of History
The Department of History has collaboration with Indian Council of Historical Research, New Delhi (Under Ministry of Human Resource Development) and Tamil Nadu State Archives, Chennai (Under Tamil Nadu State Government).
Indian Council of Historical Research
Dictionary of Martyrs: India's Freedom Struggle 1857-1947 for Tamil Nadu (Dr. N. Rajendran)
UGC- Minor Research Projects
1. History and Culture of Tiruchirappalli City - U.G.C. - July 1998 - July, 1999, Rs.11,000/-
2. Post-modernism and Recent Historiographical Trends - UGC – September, 1999, August 2000, Rs.15000/-
3. History of Thanjavur District since 1947 - U.G.C. - July 1996 - August, 1997, Rs. 10,000/-
4. Vijayanagar Rule in Tamil Country, 1336-1530 A.D. Maharaja Serfogi’s Saraswathi Mahal Library Thanjavur.1991-1992 Dept of Culture Govt. of India New Delhi. (Dr. A. Singaravel)
5. Religious Cults in Thanjavur as Gleaned from Ancient Tamil Literature. Bharathidasan University One year UGC New Delhi. 2001-2002 (Dr. A. Singaravel)
UGC Major Research
The History of the Innovative traditions of Subaltern Communities in South India: A case study of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh (Rupees 3, 03,000) (Dr. Y. Srinivasa Rao)
Collaboration with the Tamil Nadu Archives and Historical Research in digitizing important historical documents (Digital Documentation) as part of ICHR project.
Tamil Nadu State Archives District Gazetteer Project, Government of Tamil Nadu
- Tiruchirappalli District Gazetteer Vol. I.
- Tirunelveli District Gazetteer
- Tuticorin District Gazetteer
- Vellore District Gazetteer