Council for College and Curriculum Development (CCCD)
Council for College and Curriculum Development (CCCD) since its inception in the University in 1982, has been meticulously functioning to frame the Syllabi and Curriculum Structure to tune up the knowledge and skill levels of the student community affiliated to Bharathidasan University, which is functioning with the motto "to Create a Brave New World".
From the days of acting as a traditional University with mass education as the social objective, our university has moved to a state of a modern University with the Digital Drives to enhance the quality of education viz., mobile apps and other virtual advancements with a view to facilitate personalized mass education through Digital Initiatives in the University.
We swear as a team of the CCCD, to strive for this goal persistently. OUR BDU OUR HONOUR.
Functions of CCCD
- CCCD - C Section
- Conduct of Regular and Special Meetings of the Standing Committee on Academic Affairs (SCAA) and follow up actions.
- Constitution of Board of Studies (Arts & Science) once in three years
- Conduct of Regular meetings of the Board of Studies in Arts & Science programmes to frame Regulations and syllabi for UG, PG, M.Phil., Certificate, Diploma, P.G. Diploma programmes and sending syllabi and model question papers to the colleges, CDE & COE and upload to University website.
- Conduct of the Adhoc Committee Meetings and prepare the syllabus for new courses and forwarding syllabus to colleges, Centre for Distance Education, Controller of Examinations and to University website.
- To attend Letters received from TANSCHE, TNPSC, Collegiate Education & State Government, etc. ,
- Conduct of Experts Committee meeting related to Department Programmes, Course Structure, etc.,
- Issue of syllabus to arrear candidates
- Letters received from Embassy
- Letters received from Colleges related to students to study at abroad
- World Class Curriculum Development Cell (WCCDC)
- Correspondence with UGC
- Identification of Alternative/Equivalent/Additional papers for the candidates of transfer /Re-admission/Re-do. (UG & PG Arts and Science)
- To accord permission to the Improvement Examinations.
- Equivalence of UG / PG programmes
- University Rank Examinations (Arts & Science)
- Ph.D Equivalence / Related / Relevant
- UGC Courses : Conduct of regular Board of Studies/Adhoc Committee Meeting to frame the syllabus for Certificate/Diploma/Advanced Diploma UGC Sponsored Career Oriented Add on courses
- Off Campus programmes : Conduct of regular meeting of Board of Studies/Adhoc Committee to frame the Regulations and Syllabus.
- CCCD - M.Phil. Section
- All works related to M.Phil. Registration (Admission to M.Phil. Programme, R.A. Eligibility, Verification of A to E forms)
- CCCD - L Section
- Grant of Autonomous Status to the affiliated Colleges and Extension of Autonomous status to the Colleges, which is approved by the UGC.
- Nomination of University Representatives to the Academic Council / Board of Studies/Governing Body for the Autonomous Colleges once in three years.
- Meeting of the Principals of all affiliated colleges including Autonomous colleges.
- General (Triennial) Inspection Commission to all affiliated colleges including Autonomous Colleges.
- All UGC Circular letters - Dissemination to colleges.
- Inclusion of colleges under section 2f & 12B Status recognition of the UGC Act, 1956 – proposal(s) forwarded to UGC, New Delhi.
- Faculty Development Programme - Nomination of the University Representative and Applications forwarded to the UGC for the affiliated colleges.
- Major, Minor Research Projects and development schemes for Colleges – Proposals forwarded to UGC, TANSCHE and etc.
- College Building Committee - Physical Verification, University Representative nominated & Proposals along with a Reports forwarded to UGC.
- Fees collected for the forwarding Proposals and sent to finance section.
- To prepare the Annual Report regarding the grants received from UGC.
- The Schemes of every Five Year Plan(s) of UGC, Proposals forwarded to UGC.