Directorate of Research
Research is one of the strongest components of Bharathidasan University and it offers various research programmes in different branches of Science, Humanities, Management and Engineering leading to award of Ph.D. degree. Faculty members are actively pursuing interdisciplinary and socially relevant research in thrust areas with state–of–the–art equipments in addition to teaching, consultancy and extension activities.
Directorate of Research is offering admission to Ph.D. programme around the year. Around 1,000 candidates including foreign students are registering for Ph.D. programme every year via full-time or part-time mode. Around 2000 teaching staff / experts are recognized as research supervisors. In order to further enhance the research activities and to become a global competitor in research, meritorious and talented youth with PG degree are attracted by "University Research Fellowship."
Directorate of Research is focusing fully on e-Governance to speed up the process; online process for Ph.D. entrance examination, application for Ph.D. admission, fees collection, submission of soft copy of Synopsis and Thesis, information / status of Ph.D. program needed by research scholars/supervisors is being performed.
It is also providing a platform for the faculty members to interact with other experts in their area of specialization within India and abroad which provide an opportunity to understand the research quality of this University and also pave way for scientific collaboration.
Objectives of the Directorate of Research
- To formulate regulations for the award of Ph.D., D.Sc. and D. Litt. based on UGC guidelines
- To prompt research assessment in various research centers through research supervisors
- To facilitate Ph.D. candidates in various disciplines from admission to award
- To improve the quality of research among Ph.D. students
- To speed up the directorate of research activities via online processing
- To facilitate research scholars into leading researchers in their field of science, humanities, management and engineering
- To develop best human resource for the Higher Education Institutions