Department of Physical Education and Yoga
Workshops / Conferences / Seminars
- National Level Workshop on Evolution of Indian Physical Culture in Mallakhamb
- UGC Sponsored National Level Conference on 'Concept Of Health, Fitness and Wellness'
- UGC Sponsored National Workshop on Sports Biomechanics
A. Inter – University Tournaments Organised
From the inception of the University, we have organised several inter-university tournament in various sports disciplines. The tournament organised in last 12 years are listed hereunder:
|1||Handball||Men & Women||SZ||2013-2014|
|4||Hockey||Men||SZ & IZ||2007-2008|
|5||Basketball||Men||SZ & IZ||2007-2008|
Conferences/ Seminars/ Workshops Organized
- Organised UGC sponsored National Seminar on APPLIED YOGA, on 28th March 2001.
- INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS ON HOLISTIC MEDICINE from 14th to 16th September 2001.
- National Seminar on YOGA FOR HEALTH & FITNESS, which was sponsored by UGC on 20th of March 2002.
- UGC sponsored National Seminar on MODERN TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENT IN YOGA was organised on 21st March 2007.
- UGC sponsored National Conference on ROLE OF SPORTS SCIENCES AND TECHNOLOGY IN ENHANCING SPORTS PERFORMANCE on 21st March 2009.
- UGC sponsored National Conference on EMERGING TRENDS IN PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND SPORTS SCIENCES on 12th March 2011.
- THE INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF KINANTHROPOMETRY (ISAK) level I & II courses – Workshop from 2nd to 7th April 2011.
- UGC Sponsored National Workshop on Statistical Software Applications in Physical Education and Sports Science Research on 18 & 19 March 2012.
- A model project athletic meet was organised on 7th April 2015 at Bharathidasan University main campus in order to give hand on training B.P.Ed. trainees.
- The Department conducted Annual Leadership training camp from 16th to 19th February 2015 at Marugapettai.
- In order to promote sports and games among University departments students, we organised Inter-departmental events annually.
- The Department organises summer coaching camps in various sports disciplines for students from affiliated Colleges and University Departments periodically.
- Periodically, we organize yoga - Consultancy – cum - Training Programmes for the general public for the promotion of positive health.
- Through the Yoga Centre, we are organizing special 10 days camp at colleges regularly.
- The Department also co-ordinates two legs of torch run in connection with the World classical Tamil Conference-2010.
- Ten days Trekking at Kodaikanal and Cycle safari for Social Disadvantage students were organised under UGC XI plan Adventure Sports Scheme.